Job Title: Job Placement Officer
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Type: Full Time
Gender: Male/Female (Females are encouraged to apply)
Salary Range: NTA
Reference No: KAWUN00015
KAWUN Institute of Higher Education is private higher education institution that is committed to deliver high standard and quality educational services in Balkh province. KAWUN Institute of Higher Education, Northern Afghanistan is the Afghanistan’s high-access public institution of choice. KAWUN serves the Northern Region with standard-equipped educational campus located in Mazar-e-Sharif, Balkh – Afghanistan. KAWUN has been involved in implementing capacity building and skill development projects in Northern Afghanistan – We are implementing the USAID-funded Promote: Women in the Economy. WIE is a five-year program consisting of four separate Task Orders targeting the education, promotion, and training of a new generation of Afghan women. With the goal of increasing women’s contribution to Afghanistan’s development, Promote strengthens women’ s rights groups, boosts female participation in the economy, increases the numbers of women in decision-making positions within the Afghan Government, and help women gain business and management skills.
Job Placement Officers will work under direct supervision of Program Manager. JPFO is responsible to obtain employment and experiential opportunities in business and industry for Job Seekers and Mid-Career Employees. He/ She is responsible to counsel, prepare and enhance hiring potential of job seekers and mid-career employees into the job market.
DUTIES & RESPONISBILITIES
• Generate employment opportunities for Job Seekers by establishing and maintaining productive PSEs partnerships.
• To get complete awareness about project and its deliverables.
• Regularly visit training facilities for accessing quality of training.
• To carryout need based research of market and access possibilities for trainees;
• Arrange exposure visits fro trainees to different industries and organizations;
• To maintain and update complete data of trainees;
• To develop database and maintain the vacancies and put efforts to prepare the job seekers for the open vacancies;
• Collaborate and promote Career Planning services;
• Aggressively contact PSEs to develop partnerships and placements;
• Help job seekers identify employment options that match their career interests;
• Assist job seekers and employees in all aspects of the job search including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals;
• Schedule and follow up on job seekers interviews with prospective employers;
• Perform other duties assigned by Project Manager or Senior Management of KAWUN.
• May require travels to KABUL/ Balkh
• Must be comfortable in being a pro-active member of the senior management team.
• Must be a leader who seeks to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to solve them.
• Must be patient, diplomatic, and professional.
• Must have the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems which require a wide range of complexity and priorities.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities and make decisions independently.
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field with 3 years of experience (preferable).
• Possesses good communication skills.
• Must have training evaluation skills and experience and be able to provide feedback for improvement
• Must be aware with Afghan work culture and society and preferably speak two official languages with excellent English language skills both written and spoken.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Please submit your cover letter and CV to the below mentioned email address and indicate clearly the position title and vacancy reference number in the subject of your email for which you are applying.