Job Title: Trainer
Contract Duration: 4 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Type: Full Time
Gender: Male/Female (Females are encouraged to apply)
Reference No: KAWUN00014
KAWUN Institute of Higher Education is private higher education institution that is committed to deliver high standard and quality educational services in Balkh province. KAWUN Institute of Higher Education, Northern Afghanistan is the Afghanistan’s high-access public institution of choice. KAWUN serves the Northern Region with standard-equipped educational campus located in Mazar-e-Sharif, Balkh – Afghanistan. KAWUN has been involved in implementing capacity building and skill development projects in Northern Afghanistan – We are implementing the USAID-funded Promote: Women in the Economy. WIE is a five-year program consisting of four separate Task Orders targeting the education, promotion, and training of a new generation of Afghan women. With the goal of increasing women’s contribution to Afghanistan’s development, Promote strengthens women’ s rights groups, boosts female participation in the economy, increases the numbers of women in decision-making positions within the Afghan Government, and help women gain business and management skills.
Trainers work under the direct supervision of Master Trainer & Program Manager. Trainers are responsible for design and delivery of the training programs in accordance with WIE training model’s requirement. He/ she is responsible to deliver trainings for the project targeted audiences under WIE program.
DUTIES & RESPONISBILITIES
• To design and deliver effective training program that will build the skills required by private/semi-public sector entities in the pharmacy assistant training field;
• Develop course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises that are appropriate for the program and learners;
• Assist with the scheduling and logistic planning of training courses;
• Ensure that the learning environment and resources support learner needs;
• Prepare the training space and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs using prescribed evaluation tools;
• Participate in team meetings and other related training events;
• Work collaboratively with M&E officer to better analyze of the WIE training impact and provide training pertaining information to M&E;
• Edit translated training materials and documents as necessary;
• Develop training schedules, plans and reports, and communicate with all necessary WIE & KAWUN involved team;
• Perform other duties assigned by Project Manager or Master Trainer.
• May require travels to KABUL/Balkh
• Must be comfortable in being a pro-active member of the senior management team.
• Must be a leader who seeks to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to solve them.
• Must be patient, diplomatic, and professional.
• Must have the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems which require a wide range of complexity and priorities.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities and make decisions independently.
• Master degree in Pharmacy with two years’ experience in training design and delivery – preferably short term, participatory and competency-based training programs.
• Bachelor degree Pharmacy with four years of experience (preferable).
• Preferably international or regional certification in the relevant training program.
• Must demonstrate the ability to design and deliver participatory and competency-based training programs.
• Possesses good communication skills.
• Experience and ability of designing and delivery of adult learning principles.
• Must have training evaluation skills and experience and be able to provide feedback for improvement
• Must be aware with Afghan work culture and society and preferably speak two official languages with excellent English language skills both written and spoken.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Please submit your cover letter and CV to the below mentioned email address and indicate clearly the position title and vacancy reference number in the subject of your email for which you are applying.