During 2014, KAWUN Institute of Higher Education established the Midwifery Faculty within its structure to create a unique learning environment that provides high quality midwifery education to students and equip students with skills and behaviors to provide quality services to mothers, children, families and society.
Vital role of midwives
*Some 45 million births occur at home without the help of a midwife;
*Thousands of women and tens of thousands of new-borns die every week due to preventable complications during, before and soon after birth
Midwives are key to preventing many such complications.
Why we need midwifery program?
- To increase the number of eligible graduates from secondary education to higher education in midwifery standards
- To produce quality and experienced midwives to prevent complications during birth and after birth
- To produce midwives in the management areas, particularly in health services
- To produce midwives, with ability to participate in health development researches
The mission of this program is to train manpower with the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviors to provide high quality midwifery services to mothers, children, families and society.
The Bachelor of Midwifery is a four-year multi-disciplinary program. This program is designed in the form of eight successive semesters. One academic year is consisting of two semesters and each semester is consisting of 16 weeks.
Midwifery Department Enrollment Criteria
- High School Graduate
- KIHE Entrance Exam
- Must be female
- 22 professors and lecturers
- Over 456
- Over 107
- Two well-equipped skill labs
Hospitals (cooperation agreements)
- 6 hospitals (We have cooperation agreements for the practical education of students)
- Quality Assurance and Accreditation Committee
- Curriculum Review Committee
- Research Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Examination Committee
- Teaching improvement committee
- Discipline Committee
- Punishment & reward committee
- Over 4 Scientific Conferences (per year)
- Over 7 study tours (per year
- Pre university orientation sessions for students
- Conference on IUD
- Conferences on burn injuries for students